Sign in | Register | Customs paperwork

Quote & Book

Compare prices and book now »

Parcel Delivery Help & FAQs

Please note the following information when sending parcels outside the EU

Some countries have very strict rules when sending some items (personal effects/belongings, electronic items, food, etc.) to their country. As a result it's IMPORTANT that you ensure you COMPLETE the necessary form / declaration to reduce the chance of your package(s) being delayed in Customs. It is your responsibility to ensure the relevant form is downloaded, completed and sent with your shipment. After completing the required form, please attach it with the Commercial Invoice. Customs delays are outside both and the carrier's control.

Food shipments

If you are sending sweets, chocolates, crisps, biscuits, jam, bars, nuts or any other food product, please make sure that these items are non-perishable or shelf life longer than six months and detail the following information:

  • Manufacturer of food items
  • Ingredients
  • Quantity/Amount – i.e. 1 x 100gr / 2 x 200ml...
  • Material of container i.e. plastic, glass, cardboard...
  • Examples: 8 x McVitie's mini chocolate and caramel biscuits in plastic wrapper (100gr); 6 x Nature Valley granola bar in cardboard box (252gr); etc.

    Shampoos, shower gel, bath salts, bath milk, non-aerosol sprays

    If you want to send a parcel with one of these items or similar, please specify the quantity (in millilitres) and the container material.

    Examples: 1 x Bath Milk 200g in Glass Jar; 2 x Facial Spray 100ml Pump in Glass Jar; etc.

    Personal effects shipments

    Please describe in detail all the items included in the box. If you are sending clothes, please specify material, brand and quantity.

    Examples: 1 x Levi’s jeans; 3 x cotton dresses from Zara; 2 x linen skirts from Benetton; etc.

    If you need assistance or you have enquiries regarding this, please contact us. and our carriers do not accept any liability for your consignment being delayed, held or possibly destroyed if customs deem your goods prohibited. Delays may incur and additional charges may be applied to the consignee or shipper. will pass these on to the shipper.


    The owner of the unaccompanied personal effects must complete an Unaccompanied Effects Statement (B534 form) to have their goods cleared by Customs. PLEASE NOTE: Unaccompanied Personal Effects DO NOT include motor vehicles, motor vehicle parts and commercial goods. Goods that are owned for less than 12 months will be subject to duty and assessment. Further information can be obtained from the Australian Customs site.

    New Zealand

    The owner of the unaccompanied personal effects must complete an Unaccompanied Personal Baggage Declaration to New Zealand to have their goods cleared by Customs. Further information can be obtained from this guide about importing personal and household effects into New Zealand.


    Importation of Radio Frequency devices capable of causing harmful interference – Please note: This form must be completed for each radio frequency device as defined in 47 U.S.C. 302 and CFR 2801, which is imported into the Customs territory of the United States. You will find instructions for completion of FCC Form 740 in this document.

    Typical examples of devices which required the use of this form: radio and TV receivers, converters, transmitters, transmitting devices, radio frequency amplifiers, microwave ovens, industrial heaters, ultrasonic equipment, transceivers, computers.

    Please note: The USA has very strict rules when sending goods to their country, as a result it's IMPORTANT that you ensure you COMPLETE any forms necessary to reduce the chance of your package(s) being delayed in US customs. It is your responsibility to ensure the relevant forms are downloaded, completed and sent with your shipment. Customs delays our outside both and the carrier's control.

    1. Personal Effects Please note: This form will be OK for footwear, textiles, electronic items and medicine if registered in the US.
    2. Food or Medicines Please note: The FDA MUST receive Prior Notice of food imported into the U.S. You are required to submit this electronically using the FDA Prior Notice Interface BEFORE your shipment arrives in to the USA.
    3. Textiles
    4. Electronic items
    5. Footwear

    Please note: Although Form 2877 expired on 31st October 2013, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration will not reject reports done on the expired form. Currently they do not have a tentative date for when the updated form will be available, so please keep using this form.


    Sending Food to Canada?

    The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is responsible for the initial import inspection of food, agricultural inputs and agricultural products. The CFIA sets the policies and regulations for these importations and they are enforced by CBSA at Canadian entry points.

    Making sure you have the right documentation is a vital part of international trade. If you want to send food to Canada you may need to complete an Import Declaration.


    We have been informed by the Chinese Customs Authority that they now require three separate copies of the Customs Declaration (CN23) with every global priority parcel being sent to China. If you want to send a parcel to China, please make sure you complete this declaration and you attach three copies to the commercial invoices.

    Sending Food to China?

    China is tightening up on its food standards in response to many food safety scares in the market. Please see information below:

    1. All food and drink exporters are required to register their details on the AQSIQ website – details of which can be found in this document. Companies must detail, in Chinese the name of the distributor / Chinese partner who will be receiving the goods in China.
    2. For infant milk formula in particular, these fall under a set of new import regulations introduced on 1 May 2013.  Details of these requirements can be found via this link.


    Import of Personal Effects and Household Good to Japan

    Personal effects and household goods are free of duty if they have been in shipper’s possession for at least 12 months and are for the continued used of the owner in their home.

    Two copies of the form C-5360 must be attached to the Commercial Invoice when sending personal effects or household goods to Japan.

    South Africa

    Form DA304

    Form DA304 is a declaration by a natural person on change of residence to the republic with regard to household furniture, other household effects and other removable articles, including equipment necessary for the exercise of the calling, trade or profession of the person, other than industrial, commercial or agricultural plant and excluding motor vehicles, alcoholic beverages and tobacco goods.

    Form P.1.160

    Form P.1.160 is for declaring certain types of goods which may be restricted, prohibited or dutiable. All importers must complete this form.

    This document contains both customs forms. Complete the forms carefully, paying attention to the notes given in the file.